Scorn is an atmospheric first-person horror adventure game developed by Ebb Software. It was Kickstarter funded in October 2017 and is expected to release Q4 2018. Player will need to explore a nighmarish world and solve puzzles to discover more about the environment. There are no cutscenes or linear gameplay missions. As each area is opened up, players will aquire new skills and weapons to assist their survival.
From Official Web Site
- Cohesive lived-in world – Each region is a maze-like structure with various rooms and paths to discover. Living and breathing world, inhabited by many lifeforms, is yours to explore. But, be warned, for each action, there is an equal and opposite reaction.
- Environmental storytelling – All the storytelling happens in-game, with no cut-scenes to distract you from the grisly reality of the world you’re in. Remember to keep your eyes open – the game won’t show you any sympathy if you miss something important on your uneasy travels.
- Creature behavior – Denizens of Scorn have their own twisted lives and personalities. They can be curious, afraid, hostile, neutral and anything in between. They will react and adapt to your actions and the changes you bring to their environment.
- Fight or flight – The game has different rules that you have yet to learn if you want to survive. You will have to think about when to fight and when to take cover and how your actions affect everything around you.
- Inventory and ammo management – Defined and limited, it plays a big role in keeping the player in an even greater state of awareness throughout the whole game. Different play styles will be needed to advance.
- Full body awareness – Players will experience better immersion being aware of the character’s body and movement. Interaction with the environment is realistic – objects are picked up with your hands, machines and instruments are operated by grabbing the controls and every action takes time.
- Contextual puzzles – A few things will look familiar, as strange machinery merged with organic forms fill the scenery. Discover the secrets of this odd technology so you could progress further. Everything has a reason and purpose – you just need to work out what it is.